All new and returning learners...
From September 1st you will now have access to a college email address. Click here to view the user guide.
What does this mean for me?
- This means that you will able to receive and send emails to fellow students and to Cardiff and Vale College staff.
What is my email address and password?
- Your email address will be your student number followed by @student.cavc.ac.uk. For example if your student number is 123456, your email will be email@example.com
- Your username when logging into the email will be the same as your email address.
- Your password is the same password you use when connecting to the college network.
How do I access my emails?
- Go to: http://outlook.office365.com.
- As soon you put your email address in, it will redirect you to our authentication page.
- Once you get to the redirected page, use your college password to login.
- A link will always be available from Moodle
What if I forget my password?
If you have any password issues, please:-
- If you are in either Trowbridge Road site or Colcot Road site, see a member of staff at the LRC’s
- Contact IT services (see the next section for details)
This password is linked your College network password so if you change it for your email account, then it will also change it for your College network account, and if you change it in the College for the network password, then it will also be changed for your email account.
Can I get my student email on my mobile?
- Yes! Click here to download and read the guide to setting up email on Android, Apple and Windows phones!
And who can I contact if I have any questions?
- Email IT Services on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name and student ID.
- Please be aware that you might be asked some security questions depending on the nature of your email.